Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My desktop in it's usual state of mind.



Well this is my desk where I do most of my writing. It's an old PPC Mac Mini, like one of the very first Mini Models but it gets the job done nicely enough. Also seen on my desk is my external harddrive. (The black brick-like object sticking up, it's actually a dark blue.) An adapter to hook the computer up to the television. Auralia's Colors by Jeffrey Overstreet, The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien, Various gadgets and USB Hubs. 17" CRT Monitor, current wallpaper is something that I think I downloaded off of Wayne Thomas Batson's blog... I tend to be a compulsive image downloader, I can't tell you how often I wonder how THAT one got there or why.... It's a Fantasy Four Fiction Tour promotion wallpaper thingy. I also have an external sound card which I can connect professional microphones to. On top of that, but I don't think it's in the picture is an extremely cool device that lets me broadcast my computer's audio anywhere I want. A mug from one of the folks at church. Also not seen is what is above my monitor. Which is a cheap stereo system I bought years ago, another mug with my favorite quote on it: "Be the change you wish to see in the world..." which is by Gandhi apparently. But it's excellent advise for a Christian storyteller. I have two other quote mugs as well on my desk. Also on top of the stereo thing is a daily calendar I never remember to flip. And a webcam sits atop my monitor. Then there are things like blank DVDs and various software and audio CDs. And of course the speakers, mouse, and keyboard.

I also have my external DVD writer and a router I'm currently using as a switch.

And also my hand lotion.

4 comments:

Bryan Davis said...

Thanks for posting your desk. It looks great!

One problem, though. I don't see any Dragons in our Midst books! :-)

Bryan Davis

S. J. Deal said...

Aye, I have one Dragons in our Midst book and it would be on my bookshelf alongside Christopher Hopper's books. Usually Wayne Thomas Batson's would be there as well but one of my friends is borrowing them. :-) I also keep my Tolkien collection there. The books around my desk are ones that I'm currently reading.

I'm hoping to purchase more of your books as soon as I can. First I need to decide whether I'm going to be saving for an iPod or not.

Pais Charos said...

iPods are indeed worth saving for ... but so is DioM! Hehe.

Nice - very ... wirey :P I also have an external CD/DVD burner, but I haven't used it much since getting my MacBook. I did have an iBook that didn't burn, but it died a couple of months ago :(

S. J. Deal said...

Yes, wirey indeed. Those are mostly microphone and instrument cables running to my external sound card. And the keyboard cable.