Saturday, May 10, 2008

Never Fails to Excite Me.

Whenever I order a printed copy of my draft from lulu.com (I only have to pay the cost of production of one copy.) it excites me. Somehow having your words in printed form between the covers of a book, even if it's just for correction purposes and having a "hard copy" just thrills me.

This evening I ordered the last two "sections" that I wrote and should be receiving them in the next few days.

Self-publishing is a difficult way to publish, true. But with lulu.com at least, I get to keep all the rights to the book... An absolute must for me. Which will probably totally ruin most chances with a major publisher for me, but that's fine I guess, at least for now. I may reconsider it in the future as I learn more about the publishing process, but I need to know a lot more particulars. I've pretty much decided years ago that if I was going to get a book published, it would only be done under the circumstance that I keep the rights, all the rights, to the book. With a conviction such as that I can only answer "maybe" when people ask me if I'm going to try to get it published. Quite honestly, I don't know if it'll happen outside of self-publishing.

Then again it might, or perhaps my convictions will change, we'll see.

No comments: