Thursday, April 9, 2009

I may be moving my blog here to LiveJournal... I'm not sure yet. I've copied my post over just the same.

Mostly I'm unsure because of comments and advertisements.

The advertisements can be gotten around by registered users who are either paid members or basic members. (The plus members, which is the default, has more features then the basic but is ad supported.)

Comments... Not sure if registering for LiveJournal would be a requirement for commenting. That could be inconvenient. Not that I have a whole lot of people who comment a lot either.

It has some advantages, like I can hide spoilers behind what is known as an "LJ-Cut" and it has loads of privacy options.

3 comments:

Rebecca LuElla Miller said...

Just let me know what you decide so I can include the correct blog address in the CSFF files, Shane.

Have you looked into WordPress? It's free ... no ads ... privacy options ... multiple pages ... easy for visitors to leave comments ... Just a thought.

Becky

S. J. Deal said...

I will let you know.

I've used WordPress before. I'll consider it, but I don't think it'll work for some of the things I'm even considering switching for.

Thanks!

Shane

J.R. Parker said...

It's tough because they all have pros and cons. I started out with wordpress but moved to blogger to simplify and I'm glad I did. But if I was more computer savvy I'd probably go with wordpress.